Management of the main health problems of women in the different stages of their life cycle.
Course author: Mª José Cachafeiro Jardón. Community Pharmacist, Secretary of ASPROFA (Association of Pharmacy Professionals), Member of AIES (Association of Health Researchers of Spain), Creator of “La Botica de Teté”.
INFORMATION OF INTEREST:
The course is done online by accessing to:
Each module will be published in the journal Aula de la Farmacia.
Technical secretariat: email@example.com
OBJETIVES OF THE COURSE:
– To explain and synthesize key concepts related to women’s health.
– To enable the student to work preventively with this population group.
– To promote health education from the pharmacy office.
Men and women have many characteristics in common both in terms of anatomy and physiology, as well as in terms of the health problems that affect them, but they also face certain particularities, so that belonging to one sex or the other has an important impact on a person’s health.
The life expectancy of women is higher almost everywhere in the world, but that does not necessarily mean that they have better health, in fact, morbidity is higher in women and that is one of the reasons why for the WHO, women’s health is a priority cause for concern.
Throughout this course, we will review the main health problems that afflict women at different stages of their life cycle and the opportunities to interact with them in a preventive way by carrying out an important health education work from the pharmacy.
MODULE 1: PUBERTY
1. Changes that mark the onset of puberty.
3. The female menstrual cycle
5. Pre Menstrual Syndrome (PMS)
MODULE 2: FERTILE AGE
4. Urinary Tract Infections (UTI)
MODULE 3: MATERNITY
MODULE 4: MATURITY
2. Pelvic floor
MÓDULO 5: AGING AND LONGEVITY
1. Urogenital atrophy
2. Sexual dysfunction
4. Urinary incontinence
5. Healthy habits for an active old age: nutrition and exercise.